Celebrating Diversity of Talents at Hastings
We are excited to announce the 23rd Annual Hastings Talent Show is coming on Cinco de Mayo. We encourage students to choose performances that include a variety of interests. Some ideas are vocal and/or instrumental acts, dances, skits, comedy, magic and performances that have cultural and ethnic influence. Be creative and have fun! There will be no selection process for the show. Any student that chooses to sign up, and comes for preview and dress rehearsal, will be part of the show. The purpose of the Preview is to determine appropriateness of content and timing. It is also a great time for the students to practice and prepare for the night of show.
- Preview: Thursday, 4/27 11:45-2.45pm -by Grade – times TBA
(Boston students 11:45-12:15)
- Dress Rehearsal: Thursday 5/4 1:00pm Act 1 (Grades K-2) 2:00pm Act 2 (Grades 3-5)
- Show: Friday 5/5 6:30pm (Act 1 performers will need to arrive by 6:00)
- Free Admission
Event Description & Goals:
- Hastings School Grades K-5 Talent Show
- Acts consist of individual or group performances by students
- Showcase talents of student body and promote performing art appreciation
- Community building event
- Encourage community members to celebrate and observe the diverse talents and abilities of our students
- Help students develop self-esteem by performing in front of a large, live audience
- Teach theater/audience etiquette to young students
- Inspire students to participate in future music, dance & theater productions
We encourage your participation and guarantee that you will enjoy the show!
For more information, please contact Sally Suen and Dave Moore (email@example.com).
Program Timeframe: Spring
Committee Co-Chairs: Sally Suen and Dave Moore
Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org