The Maria Hastings Parent Teacher Association (PTA) supports children, parents, and staff at Maria Hastings Elementary School. We deliver a wide variety of programs and activities, including
- educational enrichment programs and events, such as our Big Backyard program, a Science Fair, and Family Math Nights;
- visual and performing arts programs through our Arts Created Together (ACT) committee;
- mini-grants to address classroom and grade-level needs, as well as professional development of staff;
- community-oriented celebrations and events, including the Harvest 5K Run/Walk, the Multicultural Potluck Dinner, and our long-running Talent Show; and
- scholarship funds to ensure that all of our community members can participate fully in school activities.
Throughout the year the PTA holds meetings where we discuss parenting and educational issues, relevant issues in the Lexington Public School system, as well as parent/teacher relationships and communication.
To support our many activities, we rely on the efforts of many volunteers to deliver the programs and to raise the money needed to fund them. By volunteering you provide valuable support to the school community, develop relationships with the faculty and staff working with your children, and establish friendships that may last a lifetime. Please consider getting involved and help us make a difference in the lives of our children! Find out more about volunteering.
The Maria Hastings PTA is chartered under the Massachusetts PTA and is a member of the National PTA. As a member of the Hastings PTA, you are also a member of the state and national PTAs. Join the Hastings PTA.